“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
— Winston Churchill
Many of our services would not be possible without the help of our volunteers. We are grateful for any amount of time you can give. There are opportunities for volunteers who wish to help with projects from time to time without making a large commitment. Additionally, we have tasks for those who wish to volunteer on an ongoing basis.
As-Needed Volunteer Opportunities
- Thrift shop inventory processing
- Visiting with or calling on seniors
- Helping with Strom Center News
- Editing and/or providing content
- Reading aloud to record the audio version
- Delivering the audio version to the visually impaired
- Assisting with fundraising events
- Other opportunities, as needs arise
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
- Making scheduled calls as a telephone assurance caller
- Delivering healthcare equipment
- Maintaining healthcare equipment inventory
- Teaching/coordinating classes (craft, exercise, informational, etc.)
Volunteer Application Process
We welcome help from people of all ages, backgrounds, and ability levels. In fact, the best qualifications for volunteers are to be willing and available. To help us match them with best-fit opportunities, we require all volunteers to complete our brief volunteer application. Completed applications can be dropped off at our offices during normal business hours.
We can’t wait to welcome you to our team!